MA, UKCP Reg
David Humphreys, Family Service Director, has 20 years experience as a family therapist, and is affiliated to and registered by the Institute of Family Therapy. He works within the NHS, as consultant psychotherapist with Hertfordshire Partnership Foundation Trust, has a private practice in Hertfordshire and works with a range of voluntary sector organisations across the South East.
With his history in Social Work he has an impressive track record in training and inter-agency collaboration. Areas of expertise include working with families with addiction problems, vulnerable adolescents and adoption specialistion as a panel member for Coram.
The Family Service is the culmination of experience, passion and belief in the power of working with the family as a whole.
To book a session or ask any questions please contact us.
1989–present day : Consultant Systemic Psychotherapist
- Previously Manager of the Rownhams Centre a family therapy centre run by Enfield Social Services Department
2000–present day : Consultant Psychologist Hertfordshire Partnership Foundation Trust
- Delivering and developing psychotherapy services in the south east locality
1996–2003 : Family Psychotherapist & Psychologist
- Setting up and delivering therapy services in a GP practice in Bishops Stortford
1989–1994 : Senior Lecturer in Social Work Havering College of Further & Higher Education
- Responsible for Children & Families Module on Certificate in Social Service course
- Responsible for the development of the Children and Families module on the Diploma in Social Work course
- Responsible as part of the team for the development of the integration of Anti Racist teaching on the Diploma in Social Work course
- Member of team submitting successfully for validation Diploma in Social Work course as a Diploma in Higher Education
- Responsible for developing, validating and delivering CCETSW Practice Teachers Course
1994–1996 : Lecturer in Social Work & Practice teacher Middlesex University & Enfield Social Services
- Responsible for setting up practice learning unit. This involved working with DipSW students on placement with Enfield Social Services, providing them with training in applied systemic skills in working with families. They then provided a live supervised family work service to Enfield Social Services clients in the Edmonton area.
- Also providing formal lectures in family work, seminars and course tutoring to students on Social Work qualifying training.